Dienstag, 26. Juni 2012

Welcome to my blog!

A belated welcome to all potential readers of my blog who don't speak German! Maybe some of you will find their way here from my facebook.
I'm starting this blog because I'm going to be volunteering for one year in Costa Rica starting in August. The plan is to update this electronic diary regularly to let people know what I'm up to and to share my experiences. Hopefully this will bring some attention to global issues of development policy and contribute to some sort of intercultural exchange and ultimately single-handedly achieve world peace of course!
I will be working with children and young people in the capital, San José. The German organisation I'm with is called EED and their partner is the Lutheran Church in Costa Rica (ILCO). Among other things they run two nursery schools/crèches to allow single mothers to go to work and keep children off the streets, there are other projects, too, I might be working in the library of the office for one day a week or so. I'll find out when I get there.

If you're interested in what I'm up to, check this blog and I also started a twitter account. I'll have to see if I keep the Twitter depending on if I actually get any followers.
I'm also looking for donations for the volunteering programm but it's gonna be a little complicated if you are outside Germany. However, if you want to support the EED and my project, contact me and we will find a way! I'm always grateful for donations.
It looks like I'll be fine internet-wise, so I'm in no danger of disappearing, but I'll definitely be online less.
That's it for today,
muchos saludos!


PS: I'm always happy about comments, so I won't feel so alone on here... ;)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen